XProGaming (or XPG as they are named now after a re-branding) is a leading provider of live dealer solutions that features a huge range of quality games. They are headquartered in Gibraltar and have studios in Bulgaria and Slovakia, whence they stream their live games. The company was founded in 2005 and since then they have unleashed over 20 live dealer games that are fairly competitive on the market.
Surprisingly, their official website lacks information on which regulatory body has issued them a certificate or license entitling XProGaming to perform gambling activities within the regulated markets. Anyway, they should have some certificates, otherwise they would not have been able to operate legally. Whether they have some industry awards or not is unknown but they regularly attend tradeshows such as ICE Totally Gaming and Excellence in Gaming, with the purpose of promoting their live dealer platform and white label solutions.
Range of live dealer games
At present, the developer offers the lineup of classic games: live roulette, baccarat and blackjack. Besides, it has presented Sic Bo, Caribbean Poker, Dragon Tiger, Casino Hold’em and Multi Player Poker tables. Their assortment of live games is diverse, though they lack flexibility in settings.
Key features of the XProGaming platform
- quality of the video stream is OK, with three options to choose from: HD (coming by default), High and Low. The dealer is shown from a single perspective without any option to change the camera view or use different camera angles. The bird’s eye view of the roulette wheel activates automatically after the wheel has spun
- the sound options are muting/unmuting and volume control
- a dealer tipping feature with a changeable amount of tip
- a Favorite Bets feature in roulette for saving frequently used betting patterns
- a chat window for connecting with the dealer and talking to other players
- there are no buttons that the user has to click to open some extra settings or menu entries because all options and game-related details are already visible on the screen
- dealers look nice. They are friendly, approachable and responsive
- the user interface is in English language only
- dealers speak English only
- there is game statistics available: hot/cold numbers and last 10 winning numbers in roulette, results of the last round in blackjack and classic roadmaps in baccarat
Drawbacks in the platform
The live dealer platform from XProGaming is fairly good, though it has some shortcomings which are briefly pointed out below. The following downsides become especially noticeable if compared with corresponding features implemented by other live game providers:
- English seems to be the second language for some dealers; they are pretty fluent but speak with a strong accent
- no history of player’s last bets and results
- no link to game rules in the playing interface, and that may be a disappointing experience, especially for new gamblers
- fine in the main mode, the video feed window becomes distorted and “stretched” when swapped to a full screen on some devices. The game would be still playable, but this irritates
- no US players are accepted
The XPG platform works well on Android tablets and smartphones but is not compatible with iOS-based devices (iPhone, iPad). The mobile interface is intuitive and very easy to use.